On behalf of the entire team at Bloor Dental Clinic, we’d like to wish you and your family a very happy and prosperous New Year!
Now that it’s here, many people are making their resolutions … but have you thought about including your smile as part of your “fresh start” list? If not, we recommend you consider a few dental resolutions – to keep your smile dazzling this year and for many more years to come.
We’ve compiled this list for you, so all you have to do is save it, print it, and follow it! On your next visit, we’d love to hear how you’re doing and if you’re hitting any roadblocks. It isn’t easy to keep resolutions, but our team will be here to cheer you and offer their knowledge!
- Stock up. Toothbrushes don’t last forever. They also collect bacteria. You should replace your brush (or electric brush head) every three months or right after you fend off a cold.
- Floss regularly. Brushing twice a day isn’t enough to remove all the small pieces of food stuck between your teeth. That’s why you need to floss once a day, every day.
- Reduce sugar intake. Sugar causes tooth decay and cavities. If you like pop, you can cut back by drinking sugar-free seltzer water instead. Have Xylitol gum on hand when a sugar craving kicks in.
- Get a good night’s rest. If you’re snoring regularly, odds are you have sleep apnea. We can help with a comfortable dental appliance that works for you.
- Butt out. Smoking is a habit that doubles your risk for gum disease and is linked to a wide range of other health problems. Set a goal date for quitting and throw all your tobacco products in the trash. Reach out to friends and family for their support to succeed.
- Come see us! Schedule regular appointments so we can catch any issues – while they are minor and far less expensive.
- Spread the word! Have a friend who’s looking for a dentist to help them? Let them know we’re always accepting new patients.
With a new year underway, we want you to reach your oral health goals! A healthy dazzling smile will help make your year a great one. If you’re having trouble sticking to your resolutions, let us know at your next appointment and, together, we can figure out a plan to stay on track! Our dental clinic is here to help.
Bloor Dental Clinic in the Annex
Dr. Peter Aldor
Dr. Bernard Balinsky